*agenda subject to change
1:00pM — 2:45PM
E/M Codes and Documentation: Changes for 2023 NEW!
- Changes to Categories of E/M codes
- Inpatient and observation codes
- Discharge management codes
- Consultation codes
- Emergency department codes
- New and revised prolonged services codes
- Reporting by Time or Medical Decision Making
- Element #1: Problems Addressed
- Do more problems mean a higher level of E/M?
- Differentiating between exacerbation and severe exacerbation
- Documenting problem severity
- Element #2 Data Reviewed and Analyzed
- Order and review, can both be “counted”?
- When can interpretation of results be counted?
- External notes, when do they count and can more than one be counted
- Element #3 Risk
- Defining level of Risk: what does CPT say?
- Documenting level of Risk. Do the original Risk table examples still apply?
- How do test and treatment decisions impact co-morbidity and risk?
2:45pM — 3:00pM
3:00pM — 3:45pM
Reporting Split/Shared Services for 2023 NEW!
- Split/shared in the facility (ED, observation, inpatient)
- Is split/share applicable to an office/clinic or provider-based clinic
- When to apply modifier FS
3:45pM — 5:00PM
Reporting Critical Care Services for 2023 NEW!
- Medicare changes to guidelines
- Billing critical care during a global period.
- How is modifier FT used?
- Billing split/shared critical care; how does this work?
- What about private payors or other MACs?
- Audits and critical care