Jump Start Your Skin Biopsy Coding
This content remains current for 2022.
CPC, COC, CPC-I, CPC-P, CPMA, CEMC, CCS-P, CDIPDP
Consultant and Speaker
Skin biopsy procedures have changed. For many years we have used 2 codes to report skin biopsies; CPT 11100 for the first lesion and 11101 for each additional lesion biopsied after the first lesion on the same date of service. These codes included all methods of removal. The new code ranges are CPT 11102-11107 and are reported based on method of removal which allows for greater specificity. New guidelines were created to help with coding and reporting of these codes. It is imperative to develop a clear understanding of the new codes and requirements to get paid right the first time.
- 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM PST
- 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM MST
- 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM CST
- 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM EST
- Changes to skin biopsy codes and descriptions
- New and revised AMA CPT® skin biopsy procedure codes
- 2019 biopsy coding documentation requirements
- Examples of coding multiple biopsies on the same date
As a result of attending this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Choose the appropriate biopsy codes based on method of removal
- Integrate the new skin biopsy coding and documentation requirements into your practice protocol.
- Review the difference between a biopsy and an excision
- Review examples when multiple biopsies are performed on the same date of service
Primarily the specialty is Dermatology but could be primary care and specialties that perform skin biopsies.
Physicians, coders, practice managers, billing professionals
CPC, COC, CPC-I, CPC-P, CPMA, CEMC, CCS-P, CDIP
Consultant, Author, Speaker
Deborah is a nationally sought after leader in the industry and is passionate about assisting physicians and hospitals in improving their coding, documentation, and business operations to maintain compliance and improve revenue. She will go above and beyond to help industry leaders, physicians and others achieve excellence. Her motto is “documentation excellence is the key to improving revenue”.