KZA's March Courses
- Core Module: Orthopaedic Coding Essentials
- Global Service
- Surgical Modifiers & Fracture Concepts
- Total Joint Arthroplasty (Hip, Knee, Shoulder)
- Foot & Ankle
- Sports Medicine
We’re one year into using revised E/M criteria in the office setting. Join us for an overview of how code levels are selected under these AMA-defined changes. We’ll cover in depth how the AMA’s March 2021 Technical Corrections impact medical decision-making credit in orthopaedics. Last, we’ll discuss appropriate use of E/M modifiers 24, 57, and 25 in the office setting.
This 2.5 hour on-demand course analyzes the CPT E/M guidelines that apply to office new and established patient visits,
presenting them in a distilled, understandable way. We’ll break down and explain the restructured elements of Medical Decision Making and Time and demonstrate how they are applied using example scenarios.
In this session you will:
- Drill into the parameters of Medical Decision Making, and how the definitions of Problems Addressed, Data, and Risk come together to determine a level of service.
- Understand the nuances of how data credit is allowed (or not allowed), based upon information published by the AMA during 2021.
- Differentiate how Time is defined under the revised criteria, and what activities can be counted when selecting the level of service for codes 99202-99215.
- Take a detailed look at the definition of modifier 25 and how to defend against payor denials.