Power Up Your Interventional Pain Management Coding Series 2023
As a result of attending this webinar series, attendees will be able to:
- Define documentation risk areas and understand how to avoid them.
- Choose appropriate codes and modifiers for interventional procedures for spine, joint, soft tissue, tendon, and nerve block injections.
- Comply with pain coding and payor rules.
- Apply use of interventional pain coverage policies to the reimbursement workflow.
- Apply coding rules and principles for reporting E/M and in office procedures for services to avoid audits.
- Review ICD-10-CM coding related to pain management.
- Correctly bill for Advance Practice Provider (APP) Medicare services.
Pain management is a complex field, and providers face intense scrutiny from many payors.
Whether performed in-office or in the ASC, most pain procedures are subject to detailed and restrictive coverage policies. Physicians who remain unaware of these policies risk denials, revenue loss, and potential audits and paybacks.
This intensive 6 module Webinar series covers the most critical issues for this unique specialty. It’s packed with the knowledge and tools providers and their staff need to understand payor policies, get paid accurately, and improve the bottom line.
Using examples of payor coverage policy samples for pain treatment, we will show you how to incorporate payor policy guidance into your daily practice. You will learn how to dissect the clinical criteria to create the must-have documentation to justify coverage.
You will get an overview of ICD-10-CM coding for pain management to support medical necessity for the services you provide and ensure you are reporting your diagnoses accurately.
You’ll get an update on E/M services and review case studies to sharpen your documentation skills. Office or outpatient services, Consultations, Emergency Department, and Hospital E/M services will be reviewed.
Medicare rules for Advanced Practice providers will be discussed including, incident-to, direct billing, and split shared services will be discussed.
You’ll learn interventional procedure coding for spine, joint, soft tissue, tendon, nerve block injections, PRP and more, 2023 changes to interventional procedure codes.
We will address reimbursement essentials such as Medicare rules—including bundling and CCI edits.
Power Up Your Interventional Pain Agenda
- Overview of Pain Coding and Reimbursement
- National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI)
- The Global Period and Use of Modifiers
- Evaluation and Management Services and NPP Billing for Medicare
- Medical Decision Making or Time
- Changes To E/M Services 2023
- E/M Scenarios
- CMS Guidelines: Non-physician practitioners (NPP) Billing
Deborah is a nationally sought after leader in the industry and is passionate about assisting physicians and hospitals in improving their coding, documentation, and business operations to maintain compliance and improve revenue. She will go above and beyond to help industry leaders, physicians and others achieve excellence. Her motto is “documentation excellence is the key to improving revenue.”
Anesthesiologists, neurosurgeons, orthopedists, Pain management practitioners and PM&R physicians who deliver interventional pain services and procedures. Other providers, managers, billers, and coders who work in pain management, PM&R, and orthopedic or neurosurgical practices that treat pain would also benefit from this webinar series.